Hackathon Organization Briefing and Q&A
Find Below summary of the meeting of May 4, 2017 at Campus Biotech
The After-Hack Hackathon Event
The After-hack event will be organized on Friday, May 12, 2017 :
- A brainstorming session about :
- Future of innovation in Geneva area.
- Discuss hackathon topics.
- What happens after hackathons with projects.
- Speaker from X-lab from China will come and a number of special guests.
- Open Talk on Thursday 18:30 at Uni-mail about “A Sustainable Digital Age” given by Rufus Pollock from Open Knowledge Foundation.
- Inauguration of Makerspace will be on Friday, May 12, 2017 at Innovation Campus Biotech.
For more details refer to the wiki : After Hack Hackathon
Final event on Sunday 14 May
- Posters will be printed in A1 format, It need to be ready on Saturday, May 13th before 17:55 and posters must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maybe screen could be used to present projects (To be defined).
- No plotter printer yet on Sunday morning but we are looking for that.
- All participant should register to the eventbrite link (Mandatory).
- Feel free to invite people that you know even if they didn't participate in the hackathon.
- A mandatory coaching will be offered from 13:30 to 15:30 for the person presenting the team just for 10 teams and on Saturday evening the jury will decide what projects will be presented.
- Friday and Saturday we are in the Innovation Park and the final presentation will take place at the Biotech Campus main building.
- Door will be open on Sunday at 15:00, teams will have time to set up their posters, explaining the projects and networking session.
- At 16:00 sharp a presentation “The Power of Open” will be held by Rufus Pollock.
- Open Geneva Hackatons is open for teams who want to put some documentation for their projects so feel free to encourage your participants to write about their projects.
- Organizers will receive an email on Sunday, May 8, asking how many participants have signed up, please answer in order to facilitate planning.
- Participants must be briefed accordingly (Food handling, security issues, badge handling, bathroom).
- Gathering and food will be provided at Campus Biotech.
- Morning : Croissant and coffee.
- Lunch : Sandwiches.
- Dinner : Pizza and Snacks.
- A room will be assigned to each team.
- Flip chart for small room, white board for big rooms.
- If you need specific materials please bring it with you.
- Food is not allowed outside the kitchen of Biotech Campus.
- Code of conduct (it is up to organizers to mention it to their participants, example: problem of Intellectual property). The main organizers will provide an generic Code of conduct.